Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 12:10:34 -0400
From: dhentchel@xxxxxxxxx
To: htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Job Scheduling

Well, start with the condor tools that provide insight into how the job scheduling decisions are made.  Note I took from prior discussions:
- condor_q -analyze    (see why job is not running)
- condor_q -better-analyze    (better still!)
- Reverse analysis, ie why job X was not able to run on nodeY:
condor_q -better-analyze -reverse -machine <slotname> <jobid>
(where <slotname> is the name of as slot that is in OWNER state that you think should not be, and <jobid> is the cluster id of a job that could run there)

If you share the output of these commands, and perhaps selected bits of the schedd config, someone on this list should be able to make suggestions.

dave