Re: [HTCondor-users] dirty AFS hook stuff?

On Nov 10, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Pek Daniel <pekdaniel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your answers.
>
> Yes Rich, we definitely need a secure solution, so this one won't work
> out. But also, we definitely need AFS too.
>
> I see two possibilities: working around this limitation somehow by
> scripting and hooking around - if it's possible at all. Or simply
> implement support for AFS token passing and renewal in Condor. I
> didn't really have the time to investigate how much work would be to
> do one of these. I thought, first I'll ask around if anybody have
> experience in this field.

Hi,

The "plumbing is there" for AFS token passing / renewal as we already have GSI token delegation / renewal and the two models are vaguely similar.

This means that an implementation is mostly a matter of finding someone who understands AFS and HTCondor well enough to copy/paste the relevant code.

It's a medium-sized project, but one that's relatively straightforward.  Honestly, with how much UW uses AFS, I'm surprised this isn't already done!

Brian