Re: [HTCondor-users] Starting condor automatically on Mac

I am not clear on what CONDOR_IDS actually does, but it set, same with the username directive on my plist, which is in LaunchDaemons

metis:~ Administrator$ cat /condor/var/condor_config.local | grep CONDOR_IDS
##  Note: the CONDOR_IDS setting is ignored on Win32 platforms
CONDOR_IDS = 501.20
##  you've set in the CONDOR_IDS

metis:~ Administrator$ cat /Library/LaunchDaemons/edu.tamu.physics.condor.service.plist | grep UserName -B 2 -A 2
                <key>Label</key>
                <string>edu.tamu.physics.condor.service</string>
                <key>UserName</key>
                        <string>root</string>
                <key>ProgramArguments</key>

Would you mind explaining what exactly CONDOR_IDS does, and how I should know what to set it to?

Also, I am wanting for condor to run as root so that the jobs can run as the users who submitted the jobs, so that it can use files in their home directories on the main department file server.

-Cody Belcher