Re: [HTCondor-users] running a single job

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM, Ralph Finch <ralphmariafinch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I think we need to understand more about your pool. You have 10 servers, 365 jobs, so obviously each server on average must run 3 or 4 jobs. You mean you want only 1 job to run at a time, on each machine? How many cores ("slots", in HTC) does each server have? Assuming each server has multiple cores (slots), an easy way to have only 1 job run at a time is to tell HTC that each machine has only 1 slot, though in fact they have more.

Ralph Finch
Calif. Dept. of Water Resources