Re: [HTCondor-users] dagman api

On 10/25/2013 7:27 AM, Keith Brown wrote:
Thanks.

I suppose my intention was to build a Python API for it but it seems if I
call subprocess in python to condor_dag_man, I think that should be
sufficient.

I think you likely want your python code to call condor_submit_dag (to submit a workflow), not invoke condor_dagman directly yourself.

What condor_submit_dag does is create a regular condor_submit submit file that tells HTCondor to run condor_dagman as a scheduler universe job, passing your dag specification file as input to condor_dagman. If you really don't like the idea of Python spawning condor_submit_dag, you could use the HTCondor Python APIs to submit dagman as a scheduler universe job the same way that condor_submit_dag does.

Todd