Re: [HTCondor-users] dagman api

On Fri, 25 Oct 2013, Todd Tannenbaum wrote:

I think you likely want your python code to call condor_submit_dag (to submit a workflow), not invoke condor_dagman directly yourself.

Ah, yeah, in my previous answer I was assuming that you had a special reason to run condor_dagman itself "directly" rather than as an HTCondor job. But if you *don't* have a special reason to do that, Todd's suggestion is much better. You'll get the benefits of condor_dagman being an HTCondor job, and there's also less chance that your code will break on a future version of condor_dagman.

Kent