[HTCondor-users] Unexpected feature for Condor 8.0.2 (debugging variable expansion)

Hello Condor users!

I've installed  Condor 8.0.2 (as recommended by Kent), and finally,
I've got the variable expansion working for "Initialdir".

But, while making more tests I've found the following behavior:

#file template1.condor
Notification = Never
Universe   = vanilla
Executable = /bin/bash
request_memory = 1 GB
request_cpus = 1
Log        = log
Output     = out
Error      = err
should_transfer_files = YES
Arguments  = "-c 'echo ""$(MESSAGE)""; exit 0'"
Initialdir = dir.$(OUTPUT)
Queue

# file test.dag
JOB A template1.condor
VARS A MESSAGE="HOLA MUNDO" OUTPUT="1"

---

At the "dir.1" I've got this output:

1
err
log

Instead of having an "out" file with the standard output of the
script, I've got a file named "1" with the output (looks like Output
was replaced with 1 too).

How can I debug variable expansion within CondorDAG?

(I would like to write/see the final submit file submitted by
CondorDAG, condor_submit_dag -debug 7 doesn't print the submit file).

Regards!
Antonio.