Re: [HTCondor-users] Unexpected feature for Condor 8.0.2 (debugging variable expansion)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013, Antonio Chay wrote:

I've installed  Condor 8.0.2 (as recommended by Kent), and finally,
I've got the variable expansion working for "Initialdir".

But, while making more tests I've found the following behavior:

#file template1.condor
Notification = Never
Universe   = vanilla
Executable = /bin/bash
request_memory = 1 GB
request_cpus = 1
Log        = log
Output     = out
Error      = err
should_transfer_files = YES
Arguments  = "-c 'echo ""$(MESSAGE)""; exit 0'"
Initialdir = dir.$(OUTPUT)
Queue

# file test.dag
JOB A template1.condor
VARS A MESSAGE="HOLA MUNDO" OUTPUT="1"

---

At the "dir.1" I've got this output:

1
err
log

Instead of having an "out" file with the standard output of the
script, I've got a file named "1" with the output (looks like Output
was replaced with 1 too).

How can I debug variable expansion within CondorDAG?

The problem is that your variable is named OUTPUT. That ends up overriding the 'output = out' specified in your submit file. Just make your variable name something different and it will work.

(I would like to write/see the final submit file submitted by
CondorDAG, condor_submit_dag -debug 7 doesn't print the submit file).

You mean the submit file for DAGMan itself?  That's test.dag.condor.sub.

Kent Wenger
CHTC Team