Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor heroes

Ian, on 02/27/2013, seven month ago, you wrote

So from my perspective, if something like Condor wants to reach out to a modern research community, an interface or web-portal is necessary. Are there any plans in that direction?

Personally, I think you have a great point. We tried to implement something similar in Bosco, which is in essence a simpler to use Condor for 80% of Joe user cases. Derek Weitzel even did a prototype native Mac Install for Bosco Âhttp://derekweitzel.blogspot.com/2013/07/creating-native-mac-installer-for-bosco.htmlÂ. Â

What we discovered was that different use cases (for example R stats package users) want different GUI.

You did a lot of work on Condor Web Portals. What are your thoughts today? Looking atÂ<http://www.software.ac.uk/heroes-software-engineering> I see HTCondor and Miron Livny Âranked #5, so what is we must do to move up ?

:-)

Miha

Miha Ahronovitz

http://ahrono.com