[HTCondor-users] "File Transfer Using a URL" seems to be useless on Windows!

Hi!

We have Condor 8.0.5 installed on Windows machines. Recently I tried to use "File Transfer Using a URL" mode in my job file and finally came to a conclusion that either Condor has a bug or such mode is not designed to access files on network drives.

The test job is very simple
======
Executable = test.bat
Universe = vanilla
run_as_owner = true
should_transfer_files = YES
when_to_transfer_output = ON_EXIT
transfer_input_files = file://fileservername/path/file
Queue
=======

Trying to run it I get the following log:
=======
Shadow exception!
Error from slot1@[...]: STARTER at [...] failed to receive file C:\condor\execute\dir_3256\file: FILETRANSFER:1:non-zero exit(37) from C:\condor\bin\curl_plugin.exe
=======

Exit code 37, as far as I know, is Access Denied in the curl library.
Trying to debug this error I realize that the reason is very simple!
The process curl_plugin.exe is running under SYSTEM account (like condor_starter) and obviously has no access rights outside the local machine! I think it is very clear that a specialized file transfer plugin (like curl_plugin.exe) must be running under the account of job submitting user otherwise I hardly imagine how URL file transfer could work without authorization... Is that a bug?

Thanks,
Alexey