[HTCondor-users] Bug report: condor_gpu_discovery.exe crashes on Windows 7 & 8.1 32 & 64 Bit in OpenCL detection

Hello,

I have tried condor_gpu_discovery.exe from 8.1.5 on various Windows Machines with Windows 7 and 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.

CUDA detection works as expected with Nvidia cards.

OpenCL detection crashes.

When run with '-verbose', the OpenCL output looks ok, until the number of devices present is reported. There a random number is shown that has nothing to do with the actual number of installed GPUs and then Windows reports that condor_gpu_discovery.exe has stopped working.

This happens with Nvidia, AMD and Intel devices. Since I can compile and run 32 and 64 bit OpenCL programs fine on all these machines, I assume that something in condor_gpu_discovery.exe is broken.

The wrong number of devices might be random memory content which would indicate an off-by-one-error or something like this and would also explain the immediate crash afterwards.

Best regards,

Ernst-Georg Schmid