Re: [HTCondor-users] config.d vs condor_config.local

On 08/07/2014 02:12 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
> Setting a PRECEDENCE attribute to either ".local" for the
> LOCAL_CONFIG_FILE or ".d" for a file in LOCAL_CONFIG_DIR

So this looks exactly like what Miha Aronovitz complained about a while
back. There's two people who know PRECEDENCE attribute exists: you and
the guy who programmed it in. It's undocumented, or at least unfindable
in the fine manual: the closest match in 8.2 index @
http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/v8.2/Index.html is "prec" in
"deprecation".

On 08/07/2014 02:41 PM, Philip Papadopoulos wrote:
> Make your local config 0 bytes and do everything in config.d

That's what I call maintaining 3 sets of config files. I want to leave
whatever files rpm installs alone, that's "not maintaining". Replacing
them with 0 bytes, or a bunch of carefully hand-crafted bytes, is
"maintaining".

--
Dimitri Maziuk
Programmer/sysadmin