Re: [HTCondor-users] config.d vs condor_config.local

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>There's two people who know PRECEDENCE attribute exists: you and
> the guy who programmed it in.

That's because it doesn't exist. It's something I set just to
demonstrate the behavior. You can set arbitrary expressions in
HTCondor config files.

> On 08/07/2014 02:41 PM, Philip Papadopoulos wrote:
>> Make your local config 0 bytes and do everything in config.d
>
> That's what I call maintaining 3 sets of config files. I want to leave
> whatever files rpm installs alone, that's "not maintaining". Replacing
> them with 0 bytes, or a bunch of carefully hand-crafted bytes, is
> "maintaining".

True, but you should only have to do it once. Future RPM-based
installations should see that condor_config.local differes from what
was shipped in the RPM and save new entries as
condor_config.local.rpmnew. If you're using a configuration management
tool like Chef, Puppet, or CFEngine, then the effort is trivial.

Thanks,
BC

--
Ben Cotton