[HTCondor-users] request_cpus and slot weight

Hello,

I am trying to have partitionable dynamic slots (by CPU), and also have each job count as its requested CPU count, for quota purposes.

The relevant condor_config part is:

NUM_SLOTS = 1

NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1

SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpus=100%

SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE = true

SLOT_TYPE_1_SLOT_WEIGHT = Cpus

My jobs' submit file includes:

request_cpus = 2

However, when such a job matches to a slot, I get the following, when trying to figure the slot's weight:

# condor_status –long | grep Weight

SlotWeight = 1

SlotWeight = 1

(… and so on, one such line for each job matched)

# condor_q –long | grep RequestCpus

ReqeustCpus = 2

ReqeustCpus = 2

(… and so on, one such line for each job matched)

I would like each job's slot to have a weight of 2, as it requested 2 CPUs.

Any clue as to what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Uri Schneider