Re: [HTCondor-users] HTC and HPC

HPC philosophy is: Let's spend a lot of money on one large monolithic
piece of hardware.  Because it is expensive, our shiny machine should
be able to run anything thrown at us.

HTCondor philosophy is:  Tell us what jobs you want to run.  We will
do the best we can to find a machine to run your job.

HPC is favored by those who sell expensive hardware, like IBM and
Cray, and also the grant-writers who find it easy to explain what they
are going to spend their money on.  Meanwhile, HTCondor gets the job
done, most of the time, if the job demands and resources align, on
days that end in "y".