Re: [HTCondor-users] Default number of bits for GSI Delegation

On 2/5/2014 11:20 AM, Anthony Tiradani wrote:
 From the manual here:

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/3_3Configuration.html

GSI_DELEGATION_KEYBITS
     The integer number of bits in the GSI key. If set to 0, the number
of bits will be that preferred by the GSI library. If set to less than
512, the value will be ignored, and the key size will be 512 bits.
Setting the value greater than 4096 is likely to cause long compute times.

I suspect it is 512, but I don't know for sure.

Yes, it is effectively 512, but be aware that starting with HTCondor v8.0.6 (due for release next week), it has been changed to 1024 by default to work better with other OSG components. Details at

 https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4168

regards,
Todd