Re: [HTCondor-users] umask of scratch spaces in 8.0

Hi Mark,

I am sorry to say that it did not make it into 8.0.6.

I have created a ticket to backport this for the 8.0.7 release: https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4208

...Tim

On 02/12/2014 02:54 AM, Mark Calleja wrote:

On 18/12/2013 23:42, Zachary Miller wrote:
On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 11:07:21AM +0000, Mark Calleja wrote:
Hi,

We're currently running 7.8 on our Linux based campus grid, and I'm
investigating shifting up to 8.0. However, a 'feature' that was added in 7.9.2 would cause us grief, namely that the permissions have been tightened to 0700. I realise and accept why this has been done, but it breaks a web-based job monitoring tool of ours, which relies on at least group permissions being set to allow this. Looking at ticket https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/ tktview?tn=4016,56 it is apparent that we're not the only people to get caught out by this, and I like the solution there, but that only seems to make it into the current testing 8.1 stream. Are there any plans to backport this into the 8.0 stream, or do we have to wait for 8.2 to be released before upgrading from
7.8?
It's a small enough change, with enough "popular demand", that I will backport
it into the stable series for the next release.

Hi Zach,

Did this change make it into the newly released 8.0.6? I just downloaded it and tried setting :

JOB_EXECDIR_PERMISSIONS = WORLD

on the execute host, but the permissions remain 0700. Or have I missed something? We really need this functionality if we're to consider moving from 7.8 to 8.0.

Best regards,
Mark

--
Tim Theisen