Re: [HTCondor-users] accurate way to query the number of jobs globally

Thanks guys!

Steffen: if you have 10 million jobs, then condor_q have to process
and stream out to the pipe 10M * 80 (columns per line) = 800MByte of
data, and after wc -l have to read the whole thing just to get a
single number in the end. It sounds a bit of overshooting. But it's
possible that it's the best I can do....

Tim: that's what you have on condor_status -schedd output is most of
the time stale data. For example when I remove all my jobs from the
cluster, it still shows wrong numbers for a while (minutes), didn't
get updated instantly, even if condor_q -global already shows empty
queue.

Daniel