From: SCHAER Frederic [frederic.schaer@xxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2014 1:33 PM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] condor (down) nodes status

Hi,

Ah, not great…  I guess I’d be able to work that around with a script parsing the history (but parsing classads might not be that easy for the newbies that I am), or even just by building an auto-updated “nodes” file with puppet...
I’m wondering though how people do debug batch issues if they can’t even identify there are failing nodes from a batchsystem point of view ?

I guess people have monitoring scripts checking for the presence of a stard process (at least), and probably some other trivial things (but which ones ?) in order to be sure the start processes are correctly registered in the pool ?

Regards