Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_kbdd crashes on Windows 7 run as user

exception 0xc0000374 is heap corruption, so this is probably the same bug that was causing the condor_starter crash. (See the post from last week by Ben Cotton and my replies)

for now, you can workaround by using the condor_kbdd from HTCondor 8.1.6 which is functionally identical to the one in 8.2.x, but was build with an earlier version of the MSVC compiler that doesn't corrupt the heap when it hits the bug.

-tj

On 2014-07-24 12:22, Upton, Stephen (Steve) (CIV) wrote:
Hi All,

We're running into a weird problem. Here is the message we're getting
from

the Windows Application log =>

Faulting application name: condor_kbdd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time
stamp:

0x53a45bc5

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp:

0x521ea8e7

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce753

Faulting process id: 0x1528

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa67a9d4b22e9

Faulting application path: C:Program Files
(x86)Condorbincondor_kbdd.exe

Faulting module path: C:WindowsSysWOW64ntdll.dll

However, condor_kbdd runs fine when run as part of the condor service,
i.e., it is listed under the DAEMON_LIST, so SYSTEM is shown as User
Name in the Windows Task Manager. If we change the registry and add
the following key to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun]

"CONDOR_KBDD"="c:\condor\bin\condor_kbdd.exe"

then condor_kbdd crashes with the above information.

We are running Windows 7, Enterprise Edition, SP1, 64-bit, condor
version 8.2.1.

thanx

steve

Stephen C. Upton

Research Associate
SEED (Simulation Experiments & Efficient Designs) Center
Operations Research Department
Naval Postgraduate School
Phone: 804-227-3034
NIPR: scupton@xxxxxxx [1]