[HTCondor-users] condor_kbdd crashes on Windows 7 run as user

Hi All,

We’re running into a weird problem.  Here is the message we’re getting from

the Windows Application log =>

Faulting application name: condor_kbdd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:

0x53a45bc5

Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18247, time stamp:

0x521ea8e7

Exception code: 0xc0000374

Fault offset: 0x000ce753

Faulting process id: 0x1528

Faulting application start time: 0x01cfa67a9d4b22e9

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Condor\bin\condor_kbdd.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll

However, condor_kbdd runs fine when run as part of the condor service, i.e., it is listed under the DAEMON_LIST, so SYSTEM is shown as User Name in the Windows Task Manager. If we change the registry and add the following key to the registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]

"CONDOR_KBDD"="c:\\condor\\bin\\condor_kbdd.exe"

then condor_kbdd crashes with the above information.

We are running Windows 7, Enterprise Edition, SP1, 64-bit, condor version 8.2.1.

thanx

steve

Stephen C. Upton

Research Associate
SEED (Simulation Experiments & Efficient Designs) Center
Operations Research Department
Naval Postgraduate School
Phone: 804-227-3034
NIPR: scupton@xxxxxxx