[HTCondor-users] Using htcondor's idle detection to launch/kill VM's

I'm trying to set up our desktops to launch a VM when idle, which will be part of a Mosix cluster. We want to use Mosix rather than HTCondor,, since our users are already familiar with it.

Is it possible to use just the part of HTCondor that detects when a machine is idle or busy, and accordingly run a command to start or stop a Mosix VM? This is on a mix of Windows 7/8 and Ubuntu 12.04/14.04 desktops. Or perhaps there's another tool out there to detect when a computer is idle?

Thanks!