Re: [HTCondor-users] submit file requirement

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Rita <rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rita,

> if a job is running on that machine I don't want it to be scheduled. i want
> only a single jobs to run on one machine.

The configuration you proposed won't work because 'running' gets
inserted into the job ad, but the Requirements expression looks at the
slot ad. You can insert job ads into the slot ad with
STARTD_JOB_EXPRS, but 1) that violates your "don't change execute
configuration" constraint and 2) only works on a per-slot basis. The
second point can be somewhat mitigated with STARTD_SLOT_ATTRS, but at
the expense of making your requirements expression increasingly
cumbersome.

Your best bet is to either use partitionable slots, or the "Whole
Machine Slots" recipe at:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=WholeMachineSlots

Thanks,
BC