Re: [HTCondor-users] submit file requirement

Not sure if this recipe does what I want. I don't necessary need the whole machine. When my jobs are being scheduled I don't want more than 2 running on the same box. Other jobs can run because they are not that resource intensive.Â

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Ben Cotton <ben.cotton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM, Rita <rmorgan466@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Rita,

> if a job is running on that machine I don't want it to be scheduled. i want
> only a single jobs to run on one machine.

The configuration you proposed won't work because 'running' gets
inserted into the job ad, but the Requirements _expression_ looks at the
slot ad. You can insert job ads into the slot ad with
STARTD_JOB_EXPRS, but 1) that violates your "don't change execute
configuration" constraint and 2) only works on a per-slot basis. The
second point can be somewhat mitigated with STARTD_SLOT_ATTRS, but at
the expense of making your requirements _expression_ increasingly
cumbersome.

Your best bet is to either use partitionable slots, or the "Whole
Machine Slots" recipe at:
https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/wiki?p=WholeMachineSlots

Thanks,
BC