[HTCondor-users] dag job hung on bogus windows OpSys requirement

I have a DAG job that works fine on condor 7.6.3 on three Win2008 machines. On the fourth identical machine, when I submit this dag job it hangs in state "I" forever. None of the sub jobs start. "condor_q -analyze" reports that no slots match this job due to Target.OpSys == WinNt51. No such OpSys requirement has been specified anywhere. Condor on this particular machine is coming up with this strange idea on its own.  condor_q also explains that output for scheduler universe jobs is meaningless, so I have no idea what the problem really is.

I tried uninstalling condor, completely purging the \condor directory, and restarting the machine to no effect. How do I fix this?