Re: [HTCondor-users] dag job hung on bogus windows OpSys requirement

On Thu, 19 Jun 2014, Rowe, Thomas wrote:

I have a DAG job that works fine on condor 7.6.3 on three Win2008 machines. On the fourth identical machine, when I submit this dag job it hangs in state "I" forever. None of the sub jobs start. "condor_q -analyze" reports that no slots match this job due to Target.OpSys == WinNt51. No such OpSys requirement has been specified anywhere. Condor on this particular machine is coming up with this strange idea on its own. condor_q also explains that output for scheduler universe jobs is meaningless, so I have no idea what the problem really is.

Are you saying that the condor_dagman job itself gets stuck in the "I" state? Or is this happening to a node job within the DAG?

If it's the former, could you please send the following:

* The output of 'condor_q -l <id>' (where <id> is the Condor ID of the dagman job).

* The .dagman.log file (<dag file>.dagman.log).

* The .condor.sub file (<dag file>.condor.sub).

Kent Wenger
CHTC Team