Re: [HTCondor-users] SubmitterUserPrio or SubmittorUserPrio!?

On 6/23/2014 9:12 AM, Alexey Smirnov wrote:
Hi!

I have been struggling almost a day with PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS statement
in our condor pool! I constantly saw "PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS == False"
message in NegotiatorLog although the statement was more or less like in
the manual and must be True in many cases!

With the help of debug() function I found the problem:
"TARGET.SubmitterUserPrio --> UNDEFINED"

Since I couldn't find any reason why it was UNDEFINED I checked the
condor's source code and to my very big surprise in the file
"condor_attributes.h" I found the line:

#define ATTR_SUBMITTER_USER_PRIO  "SubmittorUserPrio"

Note the spelling! Submitter vs. Submittor!

I have modified my PREEMPTION_REQUIREMENTS statement using
"TARGET.SubmittorUserPrio" and it works now!

$CondorVersion: 8.0.6 Feb 01 2014 BuildID: 225363 $
$CondorPlatform: x86_64_Windows7 $

Hi Alexey -

Thanks for sharing, and apologies for the hassle.

I fixed this issue in the new stable series release (HTCondor version 8.2.0) due to be released any day now [1]. You can see the details about this issue at
  https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=4369

regards,
Todd

[1] HTCondor v8.2.0 probably would have been released already last week, but last week central Wisconsin, USA was hit with repeated tornadoes and thunderstorms that managed to take out the network at UW-Madison (http://goo.gl/EC8VDl) in addition to millions of $$$ in damage to buildings in the area. Thus I believe the public release was delayed until this week...

Best,
Alexey