Re: [HTCondor-users] Diskusage vs Diskusage_RAW

On 6/25/2014 11:08 AM, Triplett, Sara wrote:
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between DiskUsage and DiskUsage_RAW?  For most of our jobs, these values are the same or very close, but we have a few job profiles where DiskUsage is >40% higher than DiskUsage_RAW and I'm trying to determine what causes this.

See the entry SCHEDD_ROUND_ATTR_<xxxx> in the Manual, available at URL

http://research.cs.wisc.edu/htcondor/manual/current/3_3Configuration.html#21810

The short story is DiskUsage by default is rounded up so that similar jobs may be grouped together into "autoclusters" for negotiation purposes. The unrounded "raw" value is kept in DiskUsage_RAW. You can learn about the algorithm behind HTCondor's autoclustering in this Google Doc here:
  http://goo.gl/f2Yur3

Hope this helps,
Todd