Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor Pool without DNS

Hello all,

  we had exactly the same problem and we have successfully solved it by combining three configuration options.

  NO_DNS = True

is one of those, but we needed to set also

  NETWORK_INTERFACE = <CurrentIpAddress>

in order to work around this[1] bug. In addition we are using

  DEFAULT_DOMAIN_NAME = any-name-you-want

to assign a "dummy" domain name to our nodes. Any name will fit: since NO_DNS is active, no reverse lookup will ever be performed to validate it.

Please also note that we had to set all of the above configuration options in the *top-level* configuration file read by HTCondor - i.e., /etc/condor/condor_config, and *not* /etc/condor/condor_config.local, as described in comments inside the example configuration file.

Hope this helps.

[1] https://htcondor-wiki.cs.wisc.edu/index.cgi/tktview?tn=2691,3

Cheers
--