[HTCondor-users] Help on FLOCK and CCB

Hello,

We are planing  to use unused computation cycle at enterprise level.

Let us assume we have two private networks in two different cities.

CITY1 : has 100 windows/linux desktop, all are connected to a single private network

CITY2 : has 100 windows/linux desktop, all are connected to a single private network

one of the machine in each city acts as a master. The requirement is if all the 100 machines are busy due to some reason in CITY1, then jobs should be routed to master of CITY2.

I am bit confused about when to use FLOCK_TO feature

the documentation says "Condor pool A can send jobs to be run on Condor pool B"
my doubts are
how to define a pool?
Whether pool A and pool B can be a private network?
how one machine in pool A talks to another machine in pool B?
in there any routing parameters need to be set for this talking?

There may be firewalls. Should we use  Condor Connection Brokering (CCB) along with FLOCK ?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Batsayan Das
Tata Consultancy Services
Mailto: batsayan.das@xxxxxxx
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Consulting

and any attachments. Thank you