Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_shadow start rate

On 5/9/2014 1:46 PM, Ben Cotton wrote:
We are seeing an odd issue on EC2 where we can't start more than 3
jobs per second. We first ruled out the negotiator being the
bottleneck; the negotiator had no problem matching jobs. It seems that
we can't start more than 3 condor_shadow processes per second on a
single schedd.

What are you using for JOB_START_DELAY ? We run with JOB_START_DELAY set at zero (which has been the default for quite some time). If JOB_START_DELAY is set in your config to something greater than zero, that could explain what you are seeing.

Todd