[HTCondor-users] Email notifications not working (condor-8.0.6, OS X)

I cannot figure out how to get notifications working. From what I've gathered, it doesn't look like HTCondor is trying to send notifications. To simplify the issue I've set up HTCondor as a personal cluster. The 'MAIL' parameter in my local configuration is set to "/bin/mail" (default). I'm using OS X so I had to do minor configuring to get mail to work. But it does and I'm able to send myself messages and receive them in the terminal. I've set these parameters in the submit file:

notification = Always
notify_user = username@localhost

I tried with and without the notify_user property. I enabled detailed logging from Schedd to try to see if there were any problems.

SCHEDD_DEBUG = D_FULLDEBUG

I am unable to find "Forking Mailer process…" (as described here http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.distributed.condor.user/17071/match=email).

I executed:

uname -a | mail -v username@localhost

with my username information and it successfully send a message and reported the status.

I've searched all the logs for a 'mail' but can't find any mention. I even tried using 'MAIL = /publicdir/mail.sh' with a script that output the arguments but it was never called.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Respectfully,

Joshua Holladay