Re: [HTCondor-users] condor_config_val issue

Hi Daniel,

Indeed it was missing the daemon specification! I don't remember that I had to use it with 7.5.x, but probably its just my decaying memory... :)

What I still don't understand, even after re-reading the documentation, is that if I have to set a variable for a specific daemon (the scheduler in my case) than why does 'condor_config_val' and 'condor_config_val -schedd' return different values.

This is what happens:
---
# Test to see initial values
root@condormaster:~# condor_config_val test_limit
/3/
root@condormaster:~# condor_config_val -schedd test_limit
/3/

# Do attr change
root@condormaster:~# condor_config_val -schedd -rset test_limit=4
/Successfully set configuration "test_limit=4" on schedd condormaster.domain.local <xxx.yyy.z.zz:46212>./
root@condormaster:~# condor_reconfig
/Sent "Reconfig" command to local master/

# Check values
root@condormaster:~# condor_config_val test_limit
/3/
root@condormaster:~# condor_config_val -schedd test_limit
/4/
--

So querying the same attribute with different (?) daemons I get different values.
I did not know that attributes coming from the config files can have different values for different daemons.

Cheers,
Szabolcs