[HTCondor-users] Adding new ClassAd functions to HTC

Hi all,

I’m looking for a way to query a REST service on our worker nodes for job matching. Dumping the information into the job/worker ClassAds as lists is not possible due to the data volume.
I’m constrained by having to execute the query on the worker node, but with information from the job, during START/RANK/… evaluation.

It seems the only realistic solution is a custom ClassAd function, similar to the HDFS plugin [1]. I’m lost at how to include a new ClassAd function into HTC itself, though. Is there any tutorial, guide or other information on this?
Alternatively, is there a simpler way to execute an arbitrary query from within a ClassAd?

Cheers,
Max

[1]
https://github.com/scooperstein/hdfs_best_hosts_caplugin

Dipl.-Phys. Max Fischer
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)
Institute of Experimental nuclear Physics (IEKP)
email:  max.fischer@xxxxxxx
phone:  +49 721 608 28328 (SCC)
             +49 721 608 43369 (IEKP)