Re: [HTCondor-users] 8.2.2 Bug? Not honouring Windows log file extensions

On 9/3/2014 9:00 AM, Ben Cotton wrote:
Greg,

I'm seeing the same behavior.

In looking at the defaults for 8.0.7 (included in
etc/condor_config.generic in the zip file) and 8.2.2 (built in
default), the default for STARTD_LOG is "$(LOG)\StartLog" for both.
For a default installation, there never was a .txt extension.

But here's where it gets interesting. I set

    STARTD_LOG = $(LOG)\StartLog.txt

on my Windows machine and condor_config_val still reports the default
setting from built in. On my CentOS 7 machine, the same change is
picked up appropriately. I'd guess there is, in fact, a bug related to
the new config mechanism that affects Windows.

Might be limited to just v8.2 ? FWIW things work properly for me on my windows laptop running v8.3.1 ...
 $CondorVersion: 8.3.1 Aug 20 2014 $
 $CondorPlatform: X86-WINDOWS_6.1 $

regards,
Todd