From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ben Cotton
Sent: Friday, 19 September 2014 1:38 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] Macro substitutions in submit file - filenames?

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 9:43 PM,  <Greg.Hitchen@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If anyone has a suggestion or a way of doing what I want to achieve
> please stop me re-inventing the wheel!

Allow me to take a moment and pretend I'm in sales and not
engineering: if the main goal is to be able to automatically spread
submissions across a variety of schedulers, that happens to be a
feature that CycleServer does quite well. We have several customers
who submit 10k+ jobs at a time and they get farmed across multiple
schedulers. Plus you'd get the other neat features like reporting and
pool configuration.

Thanks,
BC

--