Re: [HTCondor-users] Can I use HTCondor out of a HTCondor pool

Hi Jarvis,

Yes this is possible.  A few things about remote submission:

- You have to specify the -pool and -remote options to condor_submit.  This will also copy over the input data.
- After the job is complete, you need to retrieve the data with condor_transfer_data.
- You will need to work with the sysadmins of node A to make sure the security policies are appropriately configured for remote submission.

Finally - if you are going to be doing automated submissions (and are writing in python), you may want to look at the python bindings.

Brian