Re: [HTCondor-users] python-bindings and flask

Hi Ricardo,

Thatâs a new one for me!

Can you possible capture a stack trace when this occurs?

Iâm not familiar with flask - exactly how hard is it to replicate the problem?  Is it really as simple as doing the script below with an âimport flaskâ beforehand (if so, I canât replicate it immediatelyâ)?

What platform do you use?

Brian

On Apr 9, 2015, at 8:47 AM, Ricardo Oda <odaric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

I was developing a simple monitoring tool for my experiments and then I got into a weird bug. I am using htcondor python-bindings to query stuff and Flask(http://flask.pocoo.org/) as my front-end to show it.

The following code in python works fine:
> import htcondor
> collector = htcondor.Collector(COLLECTOR_HOST)
> schedd_ad = collector.locate(htcondor.DaemonTypes.Schedd, SCHEDD_HOST)
> schedd = htcondor.Schedd(schedd_ad)
> schedd.query()

But if  theres a job running in my condor pool and I add the following line at the beginning of the code:
> from flask import Flask

The schedd.query() does not return, it stops responding.

It took me some time to find out that the flask import was the cause for my web server to stop responding. I am not sure if my enviroment is contributing to this conflict or not.

I know it's a python related issue, but I would be grateful if someone can help me with this one.

Thanks,
Ricardo Oda