Re: [HTCondor-users] OT Re: Solved: Re: centos 7 problem

On 2015-04-08 16:46, David Brodbeck wrote:

Back when I first encountered SYSV init I thought it was ridiculously
overcomplicated compared to BSD-style flat files.  I've messed with
Upstart and Solaris's Service Management Facility and I can't say I like
either of them yet, but we'll see.

It was a bit of a giggle when release blurb for whichever solaris version was it said it's "now so stable daemons never crash" and then a few paragraphs down: "and smf will restart daemons when they do crash".

Dimitri