Re: [HTCondor-users] Condor is not starting with collection not found error

Sridhar,

Is CONDOR_HOST or COLLECTOR_HOST defined?

>From Section 3.3 of the manual:
CONDOR_HOST
This macro is used to define the $(COLLECTOR_HOST) macro. Normally the
condor_collector and condor_negotiator would run on the same machine.
If for some reason they were not run on the same machine,
$(CONDOR_HOST) would not be needed. Some of the host-based security
macros use $(CONDOR_HOST) by default. See section 3.6.9, on Setting up
IP/host-based security in HTCondor for details.

COLLECTOR_HOST
The host name of the machine where the condor_collector is running for
your pool. Normally, it is defined relative to the $(CONDOR_HOST)
macro. There is no default value for this macro; COLLECTOR_HOST must
be defined for the pool to work properly.

In addition to defining the host name, this setting can optionally be
used to specify the network port of the condor_collector. The port is
separated from the host name by a colon (':'). For example,

    COLLECTOR_HOST = $(CONDOR_HOST):1234

If no port is specified, the default port of 9618 is used. Using the
default port is recommended for most sites. It is only changed if
there is a conflict with another service listening on the same network
port. For more information about specifying a non-standard port for
the condor_collector daemon, see section 3.7.1 on page .

Multiple condor_collector daemons may be running simultaneously, if
COLLECTOR_HOST is defined with a comma separated list of hosts.
Multiple condor_collector daemons may run for the implementation of
high availability; see section 3.11 for details. With more than one
running, updates are sent to all. With more than one running, queries
are sent to one of the condor_collector daemons, chosen at random.