[HTCondor-users] MPI Dedicated Scheduler

Good morning,

I'm going through the steps to allow my users to submit MPI jobs and need clarification regarding the dedicated scheduler. I believe that this needs to be a different machine than the head node. Is this correct? Currently, users submit all jobs from that node and it runs the COLLECTOR, MASTER, NEGOTIATOR, and SCHEDD daemons. I need a different machine to function as the dedicated scheduler, right? I just want to be sure before going shopping for a new machine.

Thanks,

MattÂ