[HTCondor-users] Problem with line endings in docker universe

Hi,Â
We've started to use the docker universe to handle running jobs on our cluster and are experiencing problems with the output.Â

For testing we've run the following job on a personal condor installation (ubuntu 14.04) (version 8.3.6) with docker version 1.7.1 installed. Â

universe = docker
executable = cat
arguments = ./hello.in
docker_image = ubuntu
should_transfer_files = YES
# contains hello
transfer_input_files = ./hello.in
when_to_transfer_output= ON_EXIT
output = hello.out
error = hello.err
stream_output = True
queue

where hello.in only contains "hello". We get output files as expected (hello.out, hello.err). However, running file hello.out gives:Â

hello.out: ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

whereas normally there would not be CRLF terminators. Running an interactive docker session doesn't give CRLF terminators, so I can't see where these are coming from.Â

We can deal with these when the stdout for the process is a string, but we're dealing with some binary outputs, which are therefore erroring out the next step in the pipeline.Â

Thanks in advance, let me know if you need more information.Â

Matt