Re: [HTCondor-users] Problem with line endings in docker universe

On 08/11/2015 09:12 AM, Matthew Hinton wrote:
Hi,
We've started to use the docker universe to handle running jobs on our cluster and are experiencing problems with the output.

where hello.in only contains "hello". We get output files as expected (hello.out, hello.err). However, running file hello.out gives:

hello.out: ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators

Thanks for the bug report!  Looks like this is a problem with docker's tty emulation.  We'll disable the tty emulatiom in 8.3.8, so that you'll get clean output.  Note that this is only a problem for standard output and error -- any files created directly would be clean.

-greg