Re: [HTCondor-users] Caching large executable on worker nodes

Hi Dimitri,

the idea of solving this via a DAG is very interesting! I never thought
of that.

> If you have one .5G executable that doesn't change, and the number of
> execute nodes doesn't change too often, I'd just install it on every
> node and have some version of HAS_MY_SOFTWARE (look for it in the
> Subjects of recent list posts) in the classad.

In my case, the executable is the same for all jobs in one cluster, but
it is different for each cluster. So a separate class ad does not really
seem to be a viable solution, right?

Thanks for your help!

Jens