Re: [HTCondor-users] Problems Building on Fedora 22 / RedHat 6

On 08/13/2015 03:16 PM, William Strecker-Kellogg wrote:
Hi all,

If I take a fresh clone of the htcondor git repo and try to build with default
config on the master or V8_3_8-branch, in either Fedora 22 or Scientific Linux
6, using the latest toolchain from those OS's, I get a failure to link
condor_shadow.

Will:

We build every commit on both rhel 6 and fedora 22, so this should work...

The tip of V8_2-branch builds OK on both. All I am doing in each case is:

$ mkdir bld
$ cd bld
$ cmake ../
$ make -j 8

We usually use the configure_uw wrapper script, which runs cmake with a rather large number of feature definitions. Can you try with configure_uw? It is possible that we are accidentally depending on one or more of these features now. Also, I know that in the past, there have been missing dependencies somewhere that can cause make -j n to break, for large values of n, but that tends to fail in a different way than your shadow issue.

-greg