Re: [HTCondor-users] cgroups and swap usage in 8.3.x series

On 08/30/2015 02:55 PM, Iain Bradford Steers wrote:
Hi,

When others and I have done it before, we'll always initialized the htcondor cgroup in cgconfig as having no/limited swap and then restarted  the cgconfig service.

It seems to work well.

We're currently working on the documentation for this now, but for a quick start, you can either manage it outside of condor, as per the above, or within condor.

To have HTCondor set them, you'll need to enable cgroups with

BASE_CGROUP=htcondor

# Can't have soft limits with memsw limits
CGROUP_MEMORY_LIMIT_POLICY=hard

#Then, if you have partitionable slots, do something like
NUM_SLOTS_TYPE_1 = 1
SLOT_TYPE_1_PARTITIONABLE = true
SLOT_TYPE_1 = cpus=100%,swap=5%

to let each slot use some percentage of the total swap space available.

-Greg