[HTCondor-users] HTCondor matchmaker and permissions problem.

Hi all,

I am working on a Policy for HTCondor setup for a cluster at ICTS. I have installed and configured condor on my laptop for now and I am facing two issues.

1. Condor Matchmaker:

When I submit a job, it sits idle for a long time (around 20 mins). On doing condor_q - analyze the result says:

Â" 005.000: ÂRequest has not yet been considered by the matchmaker"

Now I want to know how to increase the rate at which the matchmaker looks for the jobs in the queue.

2. Permission issue:

Eventually after 20 minutes or so when the job starts, it goes into the Hold state, with the following error in the logs

012 (005.000.000) 12/10 15:55:33 Job was held.
Error from slot2@sameem-Ideapad: Failed to open '/home/sameem/Desktop/condor/testjob/outputfile' as standard output: Permission denied (errno 13)
Code 7 Subcode 13

What is going wrong here? Do I have to set some settings.Â

I am running Condor 8.4.2 on Ubuntu. The settings are mostly default except for:
Allow_write = *
Allow_read = *