Re: [HTCondor-users] remote set of config value

Sorry, that's not quite right either.  Normally condor_config_val doesn't talk to any daemon directly if you are running it locally, unless you tell it to.  I think if you are doing it remotely with "-name" it will then by default talk to the master.  So always check you are querying the startd directly for something like that.

Cheers,
-zach