Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 13:55:58
From: Zach Miller <zmiller@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List <htcondor-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Sameem Zahoor <zsameem@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [HTCondor-users] HTCondor matchmaker and permissions problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: HTCondor-users [mailto:htcondor-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of ap817
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 5:12 AM
To: HTCondor-Users Mail List
Cc: Sameem Zahoor

As per the permission issue, you have to make sure the script in the condor executable is indeed executable. You can do this by changing file permissions with chmod 777 (filename).

You should _not_ make your executable world writable. Someone else on the system could potentially change the script to do something nasty, and then you would execute it. You can use 'chmod 755' instead. However, that's not the real issue here either, just thought I would clarify.