Re: [HTCondor-users] multiple condor_submit's - one cluster

On 2/4/2015 11:39 AM, Krieger, Donald N. wrote:
Dear Group:

Is there a way to issue a sequence of condor_submit commands, each for a
single job, and have the jobs all have the same ClusterId?

I don't think there is.

Another way of asking this: Is there a way to specify the ClusterId of a
job?

I don't think there is, as the ClusterId is assigned by the schedd, not by condor_submit.

I understand that one can spawn multiple jobs with a single
specification file and a single condor_submit.

Yep.  And there are several scalability advantages for doing so.

But I want to issue one condor_submit command with its own specification
file for each job.

Understood.  However I would love to understand why you desire this...

And just double checking – Is ClusterId an integer or a string?

Integer.

regards,
Todd